當前位置:文思屋>社會工作>職場英語>

走遍美國教學視訊文字21:Man’s Best Friend ACT III

文思屋 人氣:4.57K
走遍美國教學視訊文字21:Man’s Best Friend ACT III

ACT III
  OK. 好。
  If you want to adopt an animal, 如果你想收養動物,
  first we need to know some references. 首先我們得了解證明人。
  References? 證明人?
  People we know? 我們認識的人?
  Friends, teachers.... 朋友,老師……
  We need to talk to some people about you. 我們得向一些人打聽你的情況。
  We want to be sure that you’re responsible 我們要確定你是負責的。
  and that you can take good care of an animal. 而且能夠好好照料動物。
  Then you have to fill out this form 然後你要填寫這份表格。
  about your family background. 關於你的家庭背景的。
  Is that it? 就這些啦?
  No, there’s more. 不,還有。
  We need to know about your history with animals. 我們要了解你以前和動物的關聯。
  Have you ever owned an animal? 你是否曾養過動物?
  Yes. 是的。
  We had a cat when I was eight years old. 我八歲時養過一隻貓。
  I love cats. 我喜歡貓。
  Do you have any animals now? 你現在還養著什麼動物嗎?
  Unfortunately, no. 很遺憾,沒有。
  Anything else? 還有別的事嗎?
  We also like to know 我們還想知道
  your reasons for wanting an animal. 你要養動物的'原因。
  Just to hold it and cuddle with it. 只不過想抱抱它。
  Just to have as a pet. 還是要養來當寵物。
  I love animals. 我喜歡動物。
  To have a friend -- a pal. 想要一個朋友,一個夥伴。
  You know, man’s best friend is his dog. 你知道,人類最好的朋友就是狗。
  And one thing more. 還有一件事。
  If you’re under twenty-one years of age ... 如果你還不到二十一歲……
  That’s me. 我就是這種情況。
  Then an adult must sign for you. 那就必須有一位成人來替你簽字。
  Uh-oh. 啊哈。
  No problem. 沒問題。
  My parents will think it’s a good idea. 我的父母會覺得這是件好事。
  I’ll be back with them. 我會帶他們來。
  If the real owners don’t come to claim Gemma ... 如果狗的主人沒認領Gemma……
  After forty-eight hours. 四十八小時後。
  But please call first.請你先打電話給我啊。
  Thanks for your information and for being so helpful. 謝謝你的幫助和如此熱心。
  It’s my pleasure. 我很願意效勞。
  Nice talking to both of you. 很高興與兩位交談。
  Thanks again. 再次謝謝 。
  Bye. 再見。
  Maybe the real owners will come to claim her. 也許狗的主人會來認領的。
  Her eyes look so sad. 她的目光那麼憂鬱。
  She must really miss them. 她準是很想主人。
  I see you’re both animal lovers. 我看得出你們都是熱愛動物的人。
  We are. 我們是。
  Good-bye, Miss Aborn. 再見,Aborn小姐。
  We’ll call in a couple of days. 我們兩三天後給你打電話。
  Good-bye, and thanks for bringing Gemma in. 再見,謝謝你們把Gemma送來。
  Bye. 再見。
  I keep thinking about the dog -- about Gemma, 我一直在想那條狗---Gemma,
  alone in the animal shelter. 獨自在動物收容所。
  I know. 我知道。
  But I promise you, Alexandra, 但是我向你保證, Alexandra,
  the dog is just fine. 那條狗會很好的。
  They’re very kind to the animals. 他們照料動物很細心。
  I know they are. 我知道他們會。
  I mean about her being alone. 我是指她很孤單。
  Even if they are kind to Gemma, 即使他們對Gemma很好,
  she’s still alone, without her family. 她仍是孤單的,沒有家。
  Ready, folks? 可以點菜了嗎,兩位?
  Are you ready, Alexandra? 想好了嗎,Alexandra?
  Yes, I’m ready. 是的,我想好了。
  I’ll have the chef’s salad, please. 我要主廚色拉。
  I will have a cheeseburger, medium rare, 我要一份乳酪漢堡,五分熟的,
  with raw onion, and french fries, please. 加生洋蔥和炸薯條。
  Anything to drink? 要喝點什麼嗎?
  A diet cola, please. 一份健怡可樂。
  Ginger ale with lots of ice for me, thank you. 橙味汽水,多加些冰,謝謝。
  I’ve got it. 我都記下了。
  Thanks. 謝謝。
  Aren’t you surprised 你不覺得很驚訝嗎?