當前位置:文思屋>社會工作>職場英語>

走遍美國教學視訊文字31:A Place of Our Own ACT I

文思屋 人氣:2.91W
走遍美國教學視訊文字31:A Place of Our Own ACT I

ACT I
  Ellen, I’d like your opinion. Ellen,我想聽聽你的意見。
  About what? 關於什麼?
  Well, Richard and I feel that with a baby coming 嗯,Richard和我覺得孩子快要出生了
  we need to have our own place to live. 我們應該有自己的房子。
  Oh. 噢。
  Well, what do you think about Richard and me 那麼,你覺得我和Richard
  looking for a small house or an apartment 找一個小住宅或公寓
  at this point in our lives? 在這個時候怎麼樣?
  We love having you here, 我們喜歡你們住這兒,
  and there is room, 並且這兒有地方,
  and ... and when the baby comes, 而且……而且嬰兒出生以後,
  the baby can stay in your room for a while. 可以住在你們房間一段時間。
  Richard feels we need to find a small house. Richard覺得我們應該要找一個小住宅。
  I remember when I was pregnant with Richard. 我記得當我懷著Richard時。
  Philip and I were living with Grandma and Grandpa. Philip與我和爺爺奶奶住在一起。
  Philip was a young doctor, Philip當時是個年輕的大夫,
  and he kept talking about having a house of our own. 他老說要有自己的家。
  It’s natural. 這是很自然的。
  What did you do? 那你們怎麼辦呢?
  We looked at a lot of houses. 我們看了好多房子。
  Did you find one? 找到合適的嗎?
  Oh, not at first. 噢,沒有馬上找到。
  We couldn’t afford it. 我們當時錢不夠。
  Grandpa wanted to lend us the money to buy one, 爺爺要借給我們錢去買房,
  but Philip is too independent. 但是Philip的獨立性太強了。
  He didn’t want to borrow any money. 他不想借錢。
  Sounds like Richard. 聽起來跟Richard一樣。
  They’re all alike. 他們都是一個樣子。
  Richard is a real Stewart. Richard是個典型的art家後代。
  He’s independent, 他的獨立性強,
  and sometimes just stubborn. 有時候甚至近乎頑固。
  When did you buy a house? 那你們在什麼時候買房子?
  After Richard was born. 等生下Richard之後。
  I was teaching music, 我當時教音樂
  and Philip was opening his first medical office. 而Philip則第一次開診所
  Where was the house? 房子在什麼地方?
  Right here in Riverdale. 就在這Riverdale。
  Of course, it was a small house, 當然,那是一棟小房子。
  but just right for us. 但正好夠我們住。
  It’s funny. History repeats itself. 真有意思。歷史在重演。
  Now Richard and I are having a baby, 現在 Richard和我有了孩子,
  and we probably won’t be able to 而我們也許也一樣不能
  afford a house right away, either. 馬上負擔得起一棟房子。
  Why don’t you look at some houses, Marilyn? 何不去看一看房子呢,Marily?
  Good idea. 好主意。
  Look in the real-estate section of Sunday’s Times. 查一查星期天紐約時報的房地產版面。